Sunday 26 June 2011

La Femme Blushes

Hi readers! We're back! Sorry it took sooo damn long, Heather and me have been really busy with work and uni stuff but we're ready to hit belfast and beyond with more beauty! I'll also add that Heather wrote a wonderful post about the Clarisonic but Blogger seems to have devoured it so while we sort that one out here's my thoughts on some interesting blushes...


After being seriously disappointed that I didn’t win Charlotte’s competition on Lipglossiping back in April, I decided to scoot on over to Cocktail Cosmetics to have a look for myself at the La Femme blush range. I chose a 6 pan palette at £8.95 then picked out the individual shades from the range of 45 available. How I wish I could remember the shade names I picked as I can’t decipher which ones are which from the list on the site, oh well. Looking back, I should have done a bit more blog research on swatches of the shades as some colours weren’t what I was expecting, but are nice all the same (as with a lot of colours on makeup sites).

The palette itself:



My 6 shades:



…And swatches:




The colours are matte apart from the burgundy shade in the bottom left corner which has a slight shimmer, but this doesn’t seem to transfer onto the skin.

As Charlotte mentions in her review here, the blushes are quite dusty when swept over with a brush and as you can see my palette is a bit grubby after only a few uses. This doesn’t bother me much, as £2.95 per pan is still very good value. One negative aspect though is that I find them quite difficult to blend well with a regular blusher brush, so Charlotte’s isea of using a stippling brush would be more suitable for application. I especially like using these shades lightly over cream blush to make it last.

Overall, the colours are nice and unique and there’s a big variety of shades to choose from, and at £2.95 each its definitely worthwhile to investigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment