Wednesday 16 March 2011

Favourites of 2011 so far

Most beauty bloggers do a ‘monthly favourites’ post that I love to read to find out what’s new or just find a really good product I haven’t tried. However, I just don’t buy enough makeup to do one every month (I’d love to though, if I had the money!) So here we are with some of my favourite beauty items of the year so far:


Boots Cocoa Butter Body Butter
This came in a set with body scrub and body wash that I got for Christmas. I haven’t tried the other products yet but I was pleasantly surprised at how silky and thick this was and how quickly it sank into the skin to create a gorgeous soft feeling all day. I like the scent, it’s indulging without being overpowering and it’s basically just lovely to use after a shower and a long day.

Shu Uemera Eyelash Curlers
I just bought these a few weeks ago, I had to get my fiancé to go to Space NK for me and he couldn’t understand how these little things cost £19, but they are totally worth it. Every beauty blogger and professionals favourite, it really does make a difference to curl and open up the eye area. There’s not much else to say that hasn’t been said before about this excellent product.

Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Cabo Coral


All my usual blushers are soft and natural and I wanted to try something with a bit more colour. I found this coral colour which is pretty nice but what I love most is the formula itself. It’s long wearing which is good for being out and about all day, and unlike some cream blushers it can be worn without foundation and won’t move about. Costs £16 and I got it from House of Frasier.

Sanctuary Spa Hand Cream
This is one I also got in a set at Christmas. I didn’t expect much from it but it’s actually one of the nicest hand creams I’ve tried. The texture is nice and think yet non-greasy and really moisturising, I like the scent too.

L‘Oreal Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer
When I first bought this I didn’t like it much as I prefer the ‘dewy’ youthful look to my base. However, my skin dry but my nose can be a little bit shiney, so I use a tiny little bit of this just to take away the shine which works really well. I think it cost around £12 in Superdrug but as the amount I use is so small I can’t see that I will finish it any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment