Saturday 12 March 2011

FOTD - Kate in Belfast

Here’s my version of Kate’s look when she visited Belfast on Tuesday:




Please forgive the photography, some of the colours arn't showing up very well but I'll try to get better!




Here’s what I used:

Face – Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in Alabaster. I usually use one shade warmer in Porcelain but I’ve run out L. Clinique airbrush concealer in fair which I love, but looking at these photos makes me realise I could probably use something with a bit more coverage for the under-eye area. I didn’t have a cream blush to hand that was the right colour, so I‘ve used Bobbi Brown blush in Desert Rose which is great for a natural flush.

Eyes: To prep I used the old favourite Mac Paintpot in Painterly (which I prefer to Urban Decay Primer Potion, for the record). To recreate Kate’s brown shadow I used Jemma Kidd Brown Eye Wardrobe palette which I’ve had for years as it’s a great neutral palette. I used the mid tone for the lid and define tone for the crease but I should maybe have used more of the darker brown for the lid to get it more like Kate’s as in the photos in the previous post. Eyes were defined with Rimmel black kohl liner which I’m not too fond of, I’m going to pick up a GOSH liner to replace it as an everyday black pencil as they are nice and creamy. I used Anastasia Clear Brow Gel to tidy up the brows which I got (from Heather my co-blogger!) for Christmas in a Sephora Favourites gift box, it’s really nice to use and doesn’t give a yukky crispy effect on the brows.

Lips: Prepped with the ever-faithful Burts Bees Honey Lipbalm and the colour used is Bobbi Brown creamy lip colour in Ballet Pink. I don’t wear a lot of lip colour usually but this is a really nice moisturising formula that I should wear more often.

Although some elements that didn’t quite work with this look (for example Kate has a nice warm complexion compared to my ridiculously pale skin tone), I like some elements and I’ll be taking some things on board, like lining my eyes as well as eyeshadow, rather than just one or the other. 


As I mentioned I’m not the best with a camera but I’m going to take a closer look at Fee’s tips on blog photography at makeupsavvy.co.uk so hopefully I’ll get better!

Thanks for reading, hope you picked up something useful J

- Siobhan


No comments:

Post a Comment