Tuesday 19 April 2011

Sephora Liner Electro - Choc Electro 09

Firstly, it may shock some of you that my first visit to a Sephora store was just three months ago when I was in Rome. Then again, there are no stores in the UK or Ireland so maybe not so shocking. Anyway, what I want to mention is my Sephora ‘Liner Electro’ in Choc Electro 09. I found this on the floor of my car a year or two ago when it must have fallen out of my friend’s makeup bag, but as it was blunt it lay on my dressing table until about a month ago when I bothered my arse to sharpen it. But boy am I glad I did! This pencil is so creamy and nicely metallic, not that yucky in-your-face glitteryness you get sometimes. But best of all, it’s so easy to use which is great for clumsy people like me, and it looks great smudged. If I’m in a rush in the morning and don’t have time to bother with the precision that my Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner needs, then this is my saviour. Plus, it looks great on blue eyes.


This pencil has slowly became a product I’ve been using pretty much every week day as when I’m running late for uni I can just stick it in my makeup bag and smudge it on before getting out of the car and going to class. I asked my fellow beautifyBelfast blogger Heather to get me another shade when she was on one of her regular American travels for work, Metal Electro 02. This one isn’t quite as creamy for some reason and the shimmer isn’t as fine, which is a shame.

Metal Electro 02, Choc Electro 09

As for wear, these didn’t quite hold up to the ‘shower test’ (that’s getting a shower with the swatches still on…) but then I don’t really mind as the softness makes application so easy. As for those with quite oily lids, I would suggest using a primer before application as they don’t seem to set firmly in place, although they do still last all day on my normal lids.

So, until Sephora starts shipping across the water, ask anyone you know going to the US, Rome, France etc to bring you this back. It’s currently $8 on sephora.com. Though of course, if it drops out of your mate’s makeup bag (thanks Louise), then it’s free!

No comments:

Post a Comment