Friday 22 April 2011

Topshop Makeup – Highlighter in 'Sunbeam'


I’ve been looking for a nice, non-expensive highlighter for a while now. I stumbled across this one in Topshop for £9, for which you get a huge amount of product. I was impressed after swatching it in store and as you can see below it’s the loveliest golden colour, almost like a glowy light which is exactly what I was looking for.


It’s the first thing I’ve tried from Topshop’s range and I do like what I’m seeing, so more products to play with may be on the cards. I really like the look of the cream blushes... but back to the highlighter. This was the lighter shade of two available, the other being a more bronzed colour. It’s nicely pigmented which I’ve found is hard to get in a high-street highlighter. As I mentioned, you do get a lot of product for your money, 6.5g to be exact. The packaging is quite cool and different, not too bulky and not cheap looking. One thing that would be a great addition is a mirror inside, but that doesn’t bother me too much.


In the pan it looks quite yellow toned, but as you can see from the swatch it’s a lot more golden. Although the colour is beautiful, I do think it might be a little warm for my pale skin tone. In the summer though, when I’m a bit less ghostly, I’m sure it will work fine. Lightly dusted on cheekbones is where it looks best I think. All in all an affordable, pigmented, nicely coloured highlighter - great for the summery weather we've been having!

- Siobhan

2 comments:

  1. I was looking at this in store but I wasn't too sure about it, I might have to give it a second look now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! I never paid much attention to the whole range till now but I'm looking forward to having a good snoop next time I'm in :)

    ReplyDelete